Thursday, November 18, 2010

Tito Gets One Last Chance, Says White

Tito Gets One Last Chance, Says White

Tito Ortiz is one unlucky dude.

By that, I mean that he has been through some health issues and has not won a fight in the Octagon since October 2006 when he KO’d Ken Shamrock. Currently, Ortiz is on a five-fight losing streak.

UFC president Dana White is mindful of that fact. After Ortiz’a most recent loss to Matt Hamill, White intimated that perhaps Ortiz’s career with the UFC could be coming to an end.

But all of a sudden, White changed his mind as he opted to give Ortiz one last chance to resurrect his flagging career, according to Mike Chiappetta of MMAFighting.com.

According to White, he thought long and hard about the decision, adding:

“I thought I was going to cut him, too. I talked to Tito. Me and him had a conversation. Tito said, ‘I’m not done. I feel healthy, I feel good.’ And he asked me for one last chance. So I’m going to do it.”

I am beginning to wonder if Dana has gone soft in terms of his decision-making. Quite frankly, I do not feel that Ortiz deserves another shot in the Octagon. Any time you lose five straight in the Octagon, the UFC usually releases you.

And yet Ortiz gets another opportunity to revive his career, which hardly seems fair. But then again, I am not the UFC president, so there yo go. By the way, Ortiz’s next bout will not be against some jobber. His next opponent will be none other than Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, presumably to take place around March 2011.

This being Tito’s last chance, so to speak, he better make the most of it.



Powered by WizardRSS | Full Text RSS Feeds



Jessica Biel
Leighton Meester
Jessica Alba
Christina Aguilera

No comments:

Post a Comment