Saturday, October 30, 2010

Jake Shields Unsure of UFC Title Shot, Eyes Easier Weight Cut for Next Fight

Jake Shields Unsure of UFC Title Shot, Eyes Easier Weight Cut for Next Fight
Though Jake Shields remains in line for a title shot after winning his UFC debut over Martin Kampmann at UFC 121, the former Strikeforce champion hasn't been told if he's set to fight the winner of UFC 124's Georges St-Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck, but is focused on having a better performance in his next fight.

Jake ShieldsThough Jake Shields remains in line for a title shot after winning his UFC debut over Martin Kampmann at UFC 121, the former Strikeforce champion hasn’t been told if he’s set to fight the winner of UFC 124′s Georges St-Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck, but is focused on having a better performance in his next fight.

I made a lot of mistakes, but at least I learned from it with Martin before I fight for a title shot. Definitely I plan on learning from the mistakes and coming back a lot stronger,” Shields recently told Sherdog. “It’s just a matter of getting my weight down a little more so I don’t go out there and look like crap in a title fight.

“The way I fought the other night, I don’t feel like I would have won a title that night. But I do feel like it’s something I’m capable of doing. I just felt like I wasn’t myself that night. I’m not that happy with my performance overall, but I am happy I won. I’m ready to move forward and have a better second fight in the UFC.”

For the latest UFC news and UFC rumors stay tuned to MMAFrenzy.com.




Olivia Wilde
Megan Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment