Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Strikeforce show was awesome

Strikeforce show was awesome

I am an mma fan and was bored for awhile with the UFC, Strikeforce, Bellator, WEC, etc.  I think the difference I have seen in recent years is that the fighters try to win the fight simply by wrestling.  They don’t go for submissions or knockouts, but do the lay and pray method.  That is why there seems to be more decisions in these fights.

Last night, I watched both the TUF finale and the Strikeforce event which were both free.  I am glad I did.  Honestly, TUF was a bit boring and even the good fight with Pham vs Garcia that went 3 rounds the wrong decision for the win was made.  Pham got robbed and that just brings the feeling of enjoying the fight to a lower level.

So when I watched Strikeforce, I expected the same thing.  Instead, the fans were treated to a great card that reminded me of the old Pride Fighting Championship days.    They had high caliber fighters looking for the knockout and/or submission.  It made me pull out some old Pride DVDs and they were fun to watch.

Whatever happened to that organization?  They were bought out by the UFC and so much potential was there to take the sport of  MMA to a whole new level.  Here is the announcement after the UFC bought Pride because of alleged Japanese gangster corruption.

Such a waste of possibilities with the Pride vs UFC events.  It just never materialized.



Powered by WizardRSS | Best Membership Site Software



Olivia Wilde
Megan Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment